Date Published: 10/08/2018
ServicePro .Net communications.
As a subscriber to ServicePro .Net, you will receive emails from us including, but not limited to, our regular informational bulletins and the occasional service update. Recipients may ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of said emails to stop receiving them. Commercial partners, and anyone who once attended a ServicePro .Net event may choose to opt-in or out of such communication by contacting us via email or telephone at any time.
ServicePro .Net occasionally receives non-member data through networking events and adds this information, if relevant, into our prospective customer database.
ServicePro .Net will never sell, share, or lease the personal data we collect with any third parties unless we have explicit permission, or are required to do so by law. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard all information collected.
Where ServicePro .Net or any of its members enable password protected access - you, the customer, are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone at any time. You have a right to complain to ServicePro .Net’s acting CTO if you feel there is a problem with the way ServicePro .Net is handling or communicating your privacy data.
Further, ServicePro .Net cookie information is used to manage member and non-member access across our various sites and services. Members and non-members alike can choose to opt-into or out of these at any time. Note that in the case of a financial transaction, customer financial information is not stored by ServicePro. Net. Instead, that personal data is submitted to our third-party payment processors who specialize in secure online capture and processing of debit & credit card transactions.
Some cookies are used to remember your preferences for tools on our website. This enables saved settings so that you don’t have to re-enter them each time you switch a page, or each time you visit. For example, these cookies remember your user login, the language you prefer, and help speed up your searches.
Another example of cookies in place are ones utilized by web analytics software (such as Google Analytics) to track how many unique visitors ServicePro .Net receives, and how often they visit. When non-members register with us, we generate cookies which signal logged in or out status which determines access control to services and data. While you may refuse to accept some or all cookies by activating a setting on your browser, you may lose access or functionality in certain parts of our website. If you suspect this has happened to you by mistake, please contact ServicePro .Net support.
Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you leave our site, we do not have any control over your activity or data. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question as this policy will no longer apply.
ServicePro .Net terms and conditions.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- Your continued use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by and, or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to: the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than that which is in accordance with the copyright notice which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced by this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and, or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a comprehensive data protection law that came into effect on May 25, 2018. It replaced existing EU Data Protection law to strengthen the protection of “personal data” and the rights of European individuals. It is a set of rules that governs the processing and monitoring of EU personal data.
To understand the rights and obligations under the GDPR, it is important to understand some of the terms used in the GDPR regulations.
Processor - As an online web service provider, ServicePro is the data processor for the ServSuite online application.
Controller - The Pest Control / Service Organization that uses ServSuite to store and process customer information.
Data Subject - The customer of the Pest Control / Service Organization whose data is being stored.
Does GDPR affect my company?
Like any other legal question, the answer is “it depends”. If you hold or process the personal data of any person in the EU, you should contact an attorney who specializes in International law. If you do not have any European customers, then in most cases it will not apply to you. Standard disclaimer - This is not intended to be legal advice, please contact your attorney for specific advice on GDPR and if it applies to your company.
If you have European customers and are advised to follow the GDPR regulations, ServicePro recommends reading through the published GDPR articles. In order to fully understand your obligations as a “Controller” of personal data, please review the GDPR articles at this web address: https://gdpr-info.eu/
How ServicePro is addressing GDPR regulations
ServicePro has been working diligently to make sure that we follow these new laws, and that we can provide a transparent view of our data privacy policies. We have completed a GDPR Readiness project and have implemented the following items:
- Data export. When customers request a copy of their personal data, ServSuite has a GDPR export function to send the data to an Excel file.
- GDPR Contact removal function for when customers request for their personal data to be removed from the system.
- International Data transfers: To comply with EU data protection laws and international data transfer, we have self-certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
- Vendor Compliance: We are reviewing all of our vendors, verifying their GDPR plans.
- Enhanced Security Measures:
- Use of encryption in multiple layers of the system architecture
- Utilizing the concept of “least privilege” for user permissions
- Industry standard use of firewalls and network equipment to prevent security breaches
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to your Servsuite Support representative for more information. As stated earlier, this should not be constituted as legal advice, and all questions regarding legal issues should be directed to your attorney.